[pct-l] Mud Slinging

mark utzman blackbelthiker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 18:26:28 CDT 2013

All,
  It seems that this forum of information, giving and taking of, and the
distribution of knowledge and experience of hiking, backpacking, camping,
and more specifically, long distance hiking, has turned into a "political"
forum of biased opinions, agendas and character bashing. WTF!?!? Is this
what we are about?? I served in the Navy for 4 years (1998-2002), and the
Captain I served under always told the crew when we went into a foreign
port to be careful, because other nations and countries not only don't like
the United States, they don't trust us. Hmmm..... I wonder why!! Where is
the teamwork, the camaraderie? With so much division in this country (
school shootings, World Trade Center, marathon bombings), you would think
that such tragedies would pull us together, and it does, for some of us.
But you who want to continue causing division and strife.....stop. The
Pacific Crest Trail, for me, has been a release, an escape from the rat
race of society. Am I missing something?