[pct-l] McIvers Spring south of Walker Pass - water report

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 29 14:38:11 CDT 2013

It used to be that McIvers Spring was a delightful spot of green grass
and flowing water in an area that mostly lacks those commodities.

However as of the day after ADZPCTKO, there was no flowing water and
one large (for this area) pool about 3'x2'x4" with a layer of something
across the top (cow slobber? - they'd been visiting).     You might be
able to skim the scum and filter the pool.     But if you read the latest
version of Yogi's book, you'd see comments from Scott Williams that the
water was too disgusting to drink anyway.     I was just dayhiking so it
was only a matter of intellectual interest to me.

There is a water cache with half a dozen gallons about 100 yards south
of the Walker Pass Campground area.     No water in the campground; I didn't
check the cattail tank mentioned in Yogi's book.