[pct-l] severe dehydration danger on the trail

Ryan Allouche ryanallouche at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 23:45:51 CDT 2013

I was a complete noob back in 2011 and never backpacked for more then 2 nights and then I thru hiked the pct straight thru, without skipping, flipping or quitting and was one of the 23% of people to make it in that crazy snow year. But I embraced the brutality and accepted the mental challenge of it. Once you do that anything is possible. Listen to your body. It is an amazing machine and though I was knocked off the trail for 2 and a half weeks I learned and healed from my injury came back with a fury.

The biggest thing I learned was never listen to the hype. But if you embrace that it is going to be rough and tough out there it will make it that much more beautiful.

I have been on this list for awhile but this is my first time commenting. Kristy just study your data guides and jus hike and have fun : ) it's a wonderful place out there.

Rhino
"Can I get a hot tub!"
"Rhino coming thru!"
Rhino and dirtmonger 2011