[pct-l] Rodknee Dangertrail in hospital

Benjamin Grunbaum bengrunbaum at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 11:49:05 CDT 2013

Of course the rangers look for weak trees.  We must remember they are not
professional arborists.  Even the professionals do not get it right 100
percent of the time.

Widowmakers are always a danger.  The trees that blew down and those that
are leaning on other trees will be a threat in the Sierras for a long time.
People are frequently hit by falling branches or get smashed by a tree when
it begins to roll as they are climbing over it.  It is a risk we can
minimize greatly but is always present.