[pct-l] Anish (PCT Speed Attempt) Approaches

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Thu Aug 1 22:20:16 CDT 2013

For those without easy access to FaceBook, here is her post from earlier today:

"Somehow, perhaps the adrenaline of nearly being done, I feel like
Oregon and California never happened. As I dragged myself around Mt.
Hood, I promised myself it was my last 50. Yet now that I am in
Washington I keep pushing 50's. I am hiking until 11 or midnight
because the terrain is harder, yet it doesn't matter. I am chronically
fatigued and yet it doesn't matter. I don't feel the desperate
relentlessness that I did in Oregon. I simply cannot stop. I charge
through glacial rivers in the dark that I shouldn't be fording at
night. I charge at mt. lions roaring. If I was a machine before I am
something far more primal now. The end is close and nothing else seems
to matter but getting there.

Snoqualmie tomorrow, come hell or high water."