[pct-l] Have you seen this poncho

william jennings mrjenn at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 12:34:33 CDT 2013

Let me tell you this poncho works well in the wind, rain and cold.  Ron "Fallingwater" Moak, his friend from Portland, Ore. and myself were heading north from I-10,Separ, on the CDT.  About a mile up it was like we were caught in a vortex with thunder storms to the east and west, lots of wind as the western storm slowly intersected our totally exposed path with heavy downpour.  Yogi, you know that black soil, every step the mud crept up and over your shoes until it fell off, only to restart.  Also makes a great bag liner for extra warmth, used it on the North Rim Grand Canyon in 3-8 degree nights.