[pct-l] Looks like somebody else is trying to break the record.

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Wed Aug 7 17:44:41 CDT 2013

The only trail journal reference I found was a group that saw Josh prior to Ebbetts Pass on July 6th, which is the day Anish was in Sierra City.  This would put her about 130 miles ahead of him at the time.
I'm not sure (if they are both supposedly averaging 42 miles a day), that he could reach the border on Wednesday or Thursday as the Seattle Times article states, if that's the time Anish should get there.  Since he started a couple days after her, and would likely finish a couple days after her, I can see where the record could be down to the minute, but can't imagine he'd get there on the same day.

"Anish began her journey on June 8th. She was at mile 2574 at 1:15PM