[pct-l] Trail section in Goat Rocks being rebuilt

Steve Rolfe steve.rolfe at comcast.net
Tue Aug 27 15:33:07 CDT 2013

You can stop calling it a glacier when it stops moving under its own weight.
There are things called rock glaciers where talus and rock have so embedded
themselves or covered the surface of the glacier ice that the ice is
relatively minimal, yet they are still moving under their own weight.  These
glaciers would be in the final stages of their lives.

I hope to be hiking Goat Rocks in two weeks.

Steve