[pct-l] Women hiking alone

MARY E DAVISON pastormaryd at msn.com
Wed Aug 28 17:03:45 CDT 2013

I am a 72 year old woman currently hiking northern Colorado on a long section hike. I have completed the At, The PCT, New Mexico, Wyoming Great Basin and the southern half of Colorado. I have hiked roughly 2/3 of this alone. I like company but am too slow for thru hikers.

When I was about 55 or so, I was in a group of women pastors where everyone was moaning about how unsafe is was for a woman to walk down a street after dark. I remember making a conscious decision not to live my life ruled by fear. Can't say I am never afraid, but I do refuse to lives life ruled by fear - on trail or off. Hopefully I use good common sense. But I have been blessed with many wonderful experiences by that conscious decision.

Medicare Pastor

Sent from my iPhone