[pct-l] Ed "Mendo Rider" Anderson's Memorial

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Aug 31 11:32:34 CDT 2013

Jereen ,
I would have loved to attend Ed's Memorial but was not able to do so
because
I was on an extended biking trip in Europe and did not receive the
invitations
from you and Donna until after I returned just a few days ago.
Thank you for the invitation Jereen and accept my profound condolences and
be assured that Ed will be remembered by me not only as a friend but as one
of the great outdoorsman and horseman of our time.

Ed and I were  "OLD  SCHOOL"  but, although we thought alike, enjoyed each
others humor and agreed on most things, we never got a chance to hike or
ride
together.
I know he had hoped that we would meet on our beloved JMT when he rode the
JMT section of the PCT...but it was not to be.

I am glad that he was able to fulfill his dream of riding the whole PCT
before he
rode off into the sunset to the happy hiking and ridding grounds in the sky.

Perhaps we will meet again someday in the happy hiking and riding grounds in
the sky.

JMT Reinhold

Donna wrote:

Jereen Anderson,  Ed's wife, is hosting a memorial for Ed "Mendo Rider"
Anderson, and all of his trail family is invited to attend.
She has asked me to post this on her behalf.
The memorial will be held Sunday, August 25, at 2:00 p.m., at Le Chene,
12625 Sierra Highway, Agua Dulce.

Please RSVP to me privately if you plan to attend.

Donna Saufley