[pct-l] Gossamer Gear Shelters (was: Gatewood Cape)

Jim Marco jdm27 at cornell.edu
Sun Dec 1 22:02:35 CST 2013

Well, probably not in the near term.

-----Original Message-----
From: GottaWalk [mailto:gottawalk at pacbell.net]
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2013 10:23 PM
To: Jim Marco
Cc: pct-l
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Gossamer Gear Shelters (was: Gatewood Cape)

Do you think GG might try shelters in Cuben cloth?

On Dec 1, 2013, at 7:17 PM, Jim Marco <jdm27 at cornell.edu> wrote:

GottaWalk,
   Well, being a trail ambassador, I thought I would ask.
   It turns out that the problems with spinnaker/water resistance were never resolved.
The floors were OK. But, unless they were another material, they lacked water resistance, too. Worse, since laying on a floor can increase the pressure at which it would leak. Polycro is another choice, but not on a long hike, like the PCT.  I doubt they would end up like your tyvek, though. Apparently, the shelters have been on hold for some time. There is no schedule or release date for anything from them. I am afraid there is nothing available for now.
   Sorry . . .
       jdm