[pct-l] Henry Coe GGG

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 23:23:29 CST 2013

The GGG will be new to me, and it looks like fun.  But Henry Coe is close
to my heart.  It's the second place I took my daughter backpacking when she
was 6, many years ago.  It's a wonderful SP just east of San Jose CA.  It's
the second largest SP in CA, second only to Anza Borrego, which the PCT
cuts through on one edge.  But being so close to SF and millions of people
it's really amazing in its size and beauty.  If you can get all the way
back into the Orestimba Wilderness you have huge herds of tule elk and the
place feels like what most of CA must have been like before we built and
plowed over it.  It's way to hot in Summer, but for a spring shake down
before the PCT or any other trail, it's a wonderland very near a major
megalopolis.  Great trails on land and right through the creeks.  Very fun
place to hike.

Shroomer