[pct-l] Announcing eTrails 1.3

belcherjd at juno.com belcherjd at juno.com
Fri Dec 20 13:26:43 CST 2013

Actually you don't use (in electronic devices) Halfmile "maps", you use his tracks and waypoints (downloaded GPX files) and those are very accurately georeferenced.
I use them with Backcountry Navigator and I'm very happy with the results for thru-hiking, biking, training, and RVing. I load the GPX files on top of the free Caltopo maps.

You can download Lon's map in PDF form into a phone and I did as a third backup .... seemed SUL to me.

I also carry his maps in paper form as first backup with compass but have never needed them.(2-4 oz depending on resupply days)

I'm going to download eTrails 1.3 and see how I like that too.

'til later
Jon (Gandalf)