[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 72, Issue 26

Hikin' Jim hikin.jim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 14:59:20 CST 2013

 Ron:

That's exactly right.  The PCT is in fact open from Paradise Corner (mile
152) to the junction with the Cedar Springs Trail (mile 162.6).  It's
important to note that Cedar Springs itself is closed and that the PCT
remains closed from the Cedar Spgs Trl Jct (PCT mile 162.6) to the Little
Tahquitz Valley Jct (PCT mile 177), but you can exit the PCT via the Cedar
Spgs Trl to the west to Morris Ranch Road.  You can then walk down Morris
Ranch Road to Hwy 74 and hitch hike or walk into Idyllwild where you can
pick up the PCT again via the South Ridge Trail.  There's no good
alternative to the road walk that I can think of.

HJ

Message: 10