[pct-l] Foot Expansion

Rob Flynn rob.flynn at live.com
Fri Feb 1 13:32:42 CST 2013

Personally I've never experienced this foot expansion in my thru-hikes of the AT and the PCT.  I don't think it's a universal experience by any means.  Perhaps it has to do with how active you've been on your feet pre-trail?  Also, I keep my shoes laced tight while I hike, and loose at all other times.  Uphills I might leave them loose, but overall I don't like my feet slipping around while I hike.  I do agree with others that you should hold off on pre-purchasing shoes for later on the trail.  There are plenty of excellent outfitters along the way, and of course you can order stuff online easily enough.

InsGadget