[pct-l] Fishing the PCT/possible ride to and from KO

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Feb 2 09:39:59 CST 2013

My friend did a little fishing now and then with his tic-tac fishing
kit. The whole thing fit in the tic-tac box. He'd "reel" it in by
wrapping the line around the box. Said he caught several fish in the
Sierras with it but I never witnessed the act. I also remember a guy
on my first trip who had a guitar and fly-fishing gear. So yes, you
can do stuff like that if it's your priority. Most hikers make beer
and pizza more a priority than fishing.