[pct-l] Trail runners vs hiking boots

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 09:50:00 CST 2013

Interesting I had the same issue with the Hardrocks - it took months for me
feet to recover from using them for a few weeks on the trail - just praying
to get to the next town where I could get new shoes.  I know a few others
that love them.  That is why footwear is so hard to make recommendations
for - it really takes just trying and seeing what works for you - this can
be a long and expensive process for some folks.

If you do a lot of long distance running (think marathoners) this foot
spreading has probably already happened for you.  But most people see it.

When I came back from my first thru hike - I had to replace all the shoes I
had before hand.  They were just so tight.  I couldn't even get my feet
inside my hockey skates - that one cost a bit to replace...

Day-Late (EEEE's all the way now)