[pct-l] Safety on the trail

Bob bobandshell97 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 5 11:38:04 CST 2013

Following along Wandering Bob's excellent line of reasoning, it hadn't
occurred to me until now that carrying a small, light Saturday Night
Special, sans bullets to save weight, would be great for brandishing at
hikers to force them to relinquish their food or, better, their water during
the first 700 miles.  Not having to carry extra water would more than make
up for the weight of a small pistol.  It was the screwdriver "to punch holes
in tires or people", Bob, that promoted that fine thought.    Damn, I just
bit the tongue in my cheek.

Dr Bob