[pct-l] Trail Angel at Carson Pass

rcluster at comcast.net rcluster at comcast.net
Tue Feb 5 14:49:26 CST 2013

Depends on the job, the employer and the employee....

I was able to take April through September 2009 off, with a year and a half notice. I have worked for the same small business since 1982 and the owner is very supportive of people chasing their dreams. We worked it out. I set up a training program so my duties were taken care of while I was away. During the hike, I checked in occasionally to make sure things were going OK. I was able to stay on the medical plan during my leave. I wasn't worried about the owner deciding that since someone else could do my job, I wasn't necessary any longer. He's not that kind of person.

Only you know your situation, but you might talk to your employer, you never know.

But trail angelling at Carson is a very worth while endeavor also....

Ron in Eugene
Snowplow