[pct-l] Safety on the trail

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:51:24 CST 2013

Hiking provides an epiphany as to true nature of humanity.  You will discover, after a few weeks on trail, that our default social programming is one that deeply supportive of one another. It takes about that long to shake off the time compression and related behavioral changes of our current technological society. After that, as Diane noted, your faith in humanity, basic, down to earth, every day people, in all walks of life, will be restored.

I really like the expression 'all walks of life'.  I think that it says quite a lot that most who use it do not appreciate.

Sent from my iPad