[pct-l] Campground near Campo, CA?

Ron Graybill rgraybill44 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:05:51 CST 2013

On March 1, I'm starting at the Mexican Border on what I hope will be many,
many section hikes.  If all goes well, my plan is to finish the PCT in five
years (when I'll be 74!).  My wife will drive me down there from Riverside,
CA, but she and I would like to stay near Campo overnight Thursday night,
Feb. 28, so she can get me to the border for an early start on Friday. Has
anyone ever stayed at the Mountain Empire Campground, 29146 California
94<https://www.google.com/url?sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.google.com/maps?ie%3DUTF8%26cid%3D1002286122466691242%26q%3DMountain%2BEmpire%2BCampgrounds%26iwloc%3DA%26gl%3DUS%26hl%3Den>?
Looks like it's less than six miles from the border--less than four from
Campo.