[pct-l] canister fuel question

kasey lawson kaseyjakob at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:35:44 CST 2013

Hi everybody-My name is Kasey Lawson and I am currently planning a thru-hike on the PCT for 2013 and have a few questions about fuel. I know that most people use canister-less stoves but I am pretty used to my IsoPro fuel stove with their pressurized canisters and am willing to sacrifice the additional weight for the comfort of familiarity. I have heard that mailing fuel by USPS is either incredibly complicated or downright impossible. Would you have any information as to how I could mail/ship my fuel to myself with my re-supply packages? If that is impossible, how available are fuel canisters at the stores/outfitters along the route? Would purchasing fuel along the route be a viable option? Thank you for you time and expertise.