[pct-l] How not to be an a-hole on the PCT

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 14:56:56 CST 2013

All the gals I hiked with never, ever stank.  They were as sweet smelling as ever - be it at the trail head at Campo, on the Hat Creek Rim or approaching Canada.  No matter how much "trail makeup" covered them, no matter how good the "hiker tan" when they pulled off the socks or the foot funk so revealed, no matter how many days since the last shower or waist deep creek crossing.....the ladies always smelled good.

Then again, while thru hiking, I did think that the smell of laundry detergent, deodorant and perfume was awful.  Perhaps my sense of smell was broken.  ;-)