[pct-l] Fear

b j xthrow at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 21:10:06 CST 2013

Hi Chris,

Good for you for going beyond your comfort zone!

Fear is something we've cultivated over the years to keep us alive.  But I think in this modern world it has gotten a little bit warped -- not scared of driving on highways but scared of the sounds of the dark -- I'm not making light of you, I'm totally there too.  And yes, I know I'm going to experience fear as I've had in past adventures, but it feels so good to go through it and come out at the other end knowing you made the best decisions for that situation.

I honor fear.  It brings things to our attention.  Instead of fighting the fear, you can thank that little fear bubble for bringing whatever issue to light, then use that info to make a rational (or irrational) decision.  Feel the fear for the life it has within it!

Being scared of the dark while alone and having a fear of heights has put me in teeth clenching nervous sweating situations, but I honed in on what my objective was and made my way through the situation carefully.  Do what works for you.  The hike will show you how to live!

-Rhiannon

Message: 15