[pct-l] Forest Service rejects efforts to rescind or restrict ban on mountain bikes on PCT!

leslie dow leslie at atfore.com
Fri Feb 8 18:53:55 CST 2013

So, I've not been on any of the PCT yet, but plan to hike a section this summer.  I often hike in the hills behind my house on trails we share with bicyclists.  They seem pretty reasonable and are friendly. The ones around here don't tear up the trails and participate in trail maintenance. I see the bike tracks but they don't seem to damage the trail any more than the hikers and horses (who are also on the trails).

Is there something particular about the PCT that makes it more difficult to share the trails?

Not trying to start a war, just curious.
Thanks
Leslie