[pct-l] Knives

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 9 16:28:10 CST 2013

For a knife I recommend a small light weight knife.  There is little need for a heavy expensive knife on a thru hike.
Something like Gerber 22-06009 L.S.T. Drop Point, Fine Edge Knife, $16.  This is the knife I used and I was happy with it.  I'm sure there are a lot of other knives that will do just fine.
I attached the knife to my utility bag using lightweight string.  This way I knew exactly where the knife was and didn't misplace it on my entire thru hike.

Below is a link to it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-22-06009-L-S-T-Point-Knife/dp/B00004WA4O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1360448132&sr=8-6&keywords=lightweight+knife

Tangent
Hikethru.com