[pct-l] Any comments on the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1?

Gideon Scher gideonscher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:14:14 CST 2013

Hi to all

I gearing up for my thru-hike this year. I am intending on buying the Big
Agnes Fly Creek UL 1 (2lbs 3 oz., including stakes, poles and flysheet). I
know it's not ultralight. But, after doing 3 section hikes, I have noticed
that all I want at the end of a long day on the trail is tent that goes up
in a minute with no thought, tweaking or fiddling and will keep me dry and
bug free. Any comments, thoughts on this tent? I have read the numerous
reviews on REI's website but would like to hear the thoughts of the PCT
community.

Many thanks,
Gideon