[pct-l] Any comments on the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1?

Lindsey Sommer lgsommer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:45:00 CST 2013

I use the Fly Creek UL2 mostly because I can't afford 2 tents and I use it for both backpacking and car camping trips. So, I basically needed to compromise on a lot of things to have one tent that worked reasonably well for different activities.

My boyfriend occasionally joins me on camping trips, so I needed something that could be used by 2, but ALSO could be carried when I'm backpacking and sleeping alone.

I carry the UL2 by myself all the time and find it works just fine, but it is wee bit cramped with 2 people.

Looking forward to not being in graduate school and having no money :)

If you have the option to spend more on a dedicated UL backpacking tent, I would honestly look at other options that use trekking poles.

Good luck!