[pct-l] Sunscreen on the Trail

lilacs007 at yahoo.com lilacs007 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 14:51:09 CST 2013

Sunscreen -  is absorbed (white becomes transparent) , make sure it blocks both rays as they usually block UVB
Sunblock  has zinc oxide or titanium oxide, and mostly stays on top of skin acting like a barrier, blocking out rays. Blocks UVA and B rays.

I love this SolRX stuff because the major issue is that you have to reapply constantly to protect yourself. Their sunblock is pretty matte, I wear make-up daily without an issue.
here comes the preachy stuff :)

- most people do not put enough on or do not reapply
- most people assume they need a burn to damage their skin
- skin cancer is HUGE
- melanoma is deadly, I worked with cancer patients where this has spread to the brain, there is no good treatment! (5FU is the standard, very aggressive chemo)

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile