[pct-l] Deet and data book

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 13 22:00:31 CST 2013

Good evening,, Kathryn,

I would carry at least one small bottle of DEET every inch of the way,
border to border, or at least until Cascade Locks.  One year I didn’t see
any mosquitoes until my camp at Death Canyon north of Kennedy Meadows, but
I’ve talked to hikers from other years who’ve been eaten alive in Hauser
Creek Canyon just 10 miles north of the border.

With everything else available these days the ‘ol Data Book is becoming
rather obsolete.

Enjoy your hike,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye