[pct-l] Critique my Resupply Plan

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 16:35:36 CST 2013

Luke, your plan looked pretty good - just a couple of comments.  I agree
that sending a package to Sierra City is a good idea.  Could pick up a
couple meals here too if you wanted - will be expensive.

Independence - you may want to send stuff - unless you are hitching into
Lone Pine or Bishop.  Not hard to get to either.

Toulumne Meadows can be hit or miss too.  I was actually pretty surprised
at how well they were stocked when I got there- maybe just a small package
and buy the rest there.

Ashland is pretty easy to get to if you stay a Callehans.  If planning to
spend the night there I'd just go into Ashland and resupply there - besides
they have a pretty good brew pub

You will probably be going to Timberlake Lodge anyway as it is just off the
trail and they have this great breakfast that no self respecting thru hiker
can pass up.

Day-Late