[pct-l] question re-fuel for Caldera Cone System Stove

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Feb 18 16:29:38 CST 2013

Denatured alcohol is so available that often you can buy it by the
ounce or sometimes it is even given away. When denatured alcohol
isn't available, HEET is easy to find. You get to the point where the
whole HEET bottle is just as easy to carry as anything so you won't
end up pouring any out. You can always leave some in the hiker box,
which is also a good place to look when you need some.

I really like my caldera cone. It keeps the flames contained really
well and is very sturdy, won't blow over.