[pct-l] improvised windshield for MSR Pocket Rocket stove?

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 10:58:42 CST 2013

I also used the same heavier duty aluminum foil for about five months on the PCT. I got mine from left-over foil used by caterers. I used two thicknesses. My stove is a Jetboil. I would put the windscreen to shield the stove on the windward half only and would support it and stabilize it by putting something in front of it - such as small rocks. As for height, mine goes about 2" higher than the top of the flame.

MendoRider-Hiker