[pct-l] question re-fuel for Caldera Cone System Stove

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Tue Feb 19 20:15:43 CST 2013

> I am going to buy the cone too...
> Everyone seems to thinks its AMAZING!!

Just to clarify, the version I was giving rave reviews to was the "ti-tri"
system, an upgrade from the standard cone, plus the optional "inferno"
accessory, which converts the whole system to a double-walled wind-screen
which really maximizes heat exchange to the pot.  I can't actually speak for
the standard Caldera cone, though from experience with a variety of homemade
and commercial alcohol stoves I'd still recommend it.

> Which is the very best and first option for fuel in the cone - is it HEET?

Yes, denatured alcohol is the most popular option, either from a bottle of
HEET (only the yellow bottles!) or more often from a big can someone else
has already picked up from a hardware store.

Cheers,
Potential178