[pct-l] Section A parking

Matt Impey matthewjimpey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:43:53 CST 2013

I know that there are a few trailheads in the area near Julian that you might try, but if I were you I would park in Anza-Borrego State Park somewhere off a dirt road. There are a number of these roads scattered throughout the park and you might be lucky enough to find a spot near the PCT as it briefly passes though the park. The rangers are very helpful and might give you some good advice where to leave your vehicle. Also it would be a good idea to tell them where you are leaving it and give a description of the car just before you start your hike so they will know it isn't abandoned. The rules in the park are pretty lax so I see no problem with leaving a car there. My last piece of advice is to park somewhat hidden, I don't know the crime rate, but I do know the last thing you want is to have some local teens vandalize it. Ranger's Office: (760) 767-5311.

There is a chance that I will be up in the Julian area in the next few days, I'll see about sniffing out some good parking in close to the PCT to give you some options.