[pct-l] Southbound June 2013 Advice

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Feb 22 20:01:52 CST 2013

Sucker holes. Ha ha! Good one!

I guess I got a rainy summer in 2009. I hiked Washington in August
and had rain almost every day. Any sucker holes I saw weren't shining
on me. Someone else was the sucker. I was just permanently wet.

You know what else I learned? The rain in Washington falls from all
directions. It rains more from the trees and plants next to the trail
than from the actual sky. Oh how I hated Washington! Sure was
beautiful there, though.