[pct-l] what's the best 250 mile section?

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Tue Feb 26 20:32:14 CST 2013

My personal favorite 250 miles is the JMT+Sierra.  I loved hiking Oregon
from Crater Lake to Mt Hood. However, Billy Goat's favorite section is
Castle Crags to Seiad Valley. He spent a month on it unsupported a few years
back. He did it by carrying two packs, moving each one forward, then hiking
back for the other and carrying it forward covering about 5 miles or so each
day. He spent a month on his favorite section, hiking it his way. The
Marbles, Russians and Trinities are my backyard, I live there.
~~
I'd recommend the 220 miles from Castle Crags to Calahans thru the Trinity
Alps and Marble Mtns. It is moderate elevation and gorgeous scenery; as you
are going in a half circle around        magnificent Mt Shasta. Etna and
Seiad Valley are both old style, cool re-supplies. coming into Seiad Valley
3 years ago we saw a mother bear and cub and an eagle near the Klamath
River.

Happy trails,

Greg Hummel

My favorite transportation is my legs!