[pct-l] what's the best 250 mile section?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:28:11 CST 2013

Hey Dan and Gary,

I also turned 59 the year I thru hiked, 2010.  By Oregon we were
consistently doing between 25 and 35 miles per day, mostly right around 30
or a mile or two over.  It kind of blew me away.  I never though I'd hit
that kind of mileage on a day in, day out basis, yet your body just gets
used to it.  I slept like a log and woke refreshed and ready to do it all
again.

When we got to Goat Rocks and beyond, the trail was tougher than OR and we
did between 25 and 30 miles per day, usually around 28 or so, and then at
the very end we slowed down considerably as we were getting to Canada too
early and took some 12 mile days, which were delightful.

At my age, I think it was really important to start out slow and let the
speed and miles build naturally.  By Oregon, you'll be flying!

Shroomer