[pct-l] PCTA Work Project in Need of Volunteers

Kev hikevv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 22:36:31 CST 2013

Hello Pacific Crest Trail Volunteers,
     On March 23, 24 And 25, the Pacific Crest Trail Association will
hold a trail project in Region 1 Section E in the northwest corner of
the Angeles National Forest. If you ever thought you'd like to volunteer
to help maintain one of our premier long-distance scenic trails, this is
a good opportunity.

     We'll work in miles 514 & 515 on the Tejon Ranch near Three Points.

     PCTA will supply equipment, tools, and PPE for all volunteers, and
meals for overnighters. Volunteers can choose any day to work with us,
or all, and overnight with us at Hikertown near the village of Three
Points. We'll access the work areas by gravel roads on the Tejon Ranch
Hunt Club.

     Volunteers should bring leather work gloves, robust footwear, sun
protection, long pants / long-sleeved shirts for working in brush, and a
robust weatherproof shell. Day volunteers should also bring a sack lunch
and water. Some hiking may be required to access the work.

     Feel free to forward this announcement on to other interested
parties.  As the date approaches we'll provide full details to those
signing up. Please respond directly to Section Chief Dave Fleischman
<owldave57 at gmail.com> or me <hikevv at gmail.com> if interested in
volunteering.

     THANKS,

     Kevin Corcoran
     PCTA Region 1 Sec E Volunteer Area Coordinator
     http://pct1e.blogspot.com/