[pct-l] Bearvault Rentals

Wally Neal wallyneal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:08:08 CST 2013

Thanks, dz!  I took a look at the wild-ideas website. For "Expedition" size
canister, it $6/day plus shipping both to & from. Compared to $65 to buy a
bearvault, renting makes no sense. But continuing to carry the thing out of
the Sierras makes no sense either. Do a lot of them get left in "hiker
boxes" a ways north of where they are required?

It's my understanding that Bearvault canisters CANNOT be rented, though they
do offer a discounted rate ($65.00 for the BV500) and free shipping (to
Kennedy Meadows Gen Store only) for long-distance and thru hikers. Here's
their website: http://www.bearvault.com

I believe that Wild Ideas DOES rent the Bearikade canisters, for something
like $5.00/day, with free shipping, etc. Here's their website:
http://www.wild-ideas.net/rent-a-bearikade/

-dz