[pct-l] Training hikes

Stephen Clark rowriver at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 20:14:21 CST 2013

Dave,

I don't mean to rain on your parade but many of the Sierra Passes (such as
Sonora) are closed and, in a snow year like this one, typically don't open
until mid to late May or early June.

Last season ( a very low snow year) the first of the thrus were reaching
Tuolumne Meadows the 2nd week in June, so you are not likely to see any of
the class of 2013 unless you are still there in July.

You might want to check these web sites re
closures:
http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/clsdlst.htm
                      http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tiogaopen.htm

Personally, I think training hikes in the Sierra would be more appropriate
in late May/early June and July.

Snake Charmer