[pct-l] backpacks

Randy Godfrey randy3833 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 00:59:54 CST 2013

You know, I was sure that the Osprey Atmos 50 was going to be my upgrade pack until I tested it at REI with 30# in it. The trampoline suspension on the pack shifted the center of gravity out far enough to make me feel like I was being pulled over backwards. It just didn't work for me, but it may for you.

On the other hand, I was very impressed with the Granite Gear Blaze 60. It's a very light pack and the suspension feels great with 30#. There are some other Granite Gear packs that I'm interested in as well. I'm waiting to see what comes out in 2013 to make my final choice.

Randy