[pct-l] Trail maps

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:46:58 CST 2013

You can take a look at the current iphone app I helped develop with Guthook below.  It was available for the 2012 hiking season.  The program and data will be improved for the 2013 hiking season in the next few months.  Updates will be made using data I collected on my successful 2012 thru hike.  For example there will be hundreds of new campsites and water sources not reported in other books or other sources.  I also hiked over a hundred miles off trail collecting new off trail water sources.
We are also developing an Android app, which is scheduled to launch in April.  See the link below for the free Halfmile app for your iphone.
Paul (Tangent)
HikeThru.com

App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guthooks-pct-southern-california/id503652257?mt=8
Tutorial
http://www.guthooksguides.com/tutorials.html

For a free app for the iphone you can check out Halfmiles App
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/halfmiles-pct/id521937514?mt=8