[pct-l] Successful Thruhike with Dog

Judson Brown judsonwb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 18:43:26 CST 2013

Whether it's good or bad is a bit of a moot point; it's illegal. You cannot
hike in national parks with a dog. And since significant portions of the
PCT- including much of the best parts of the Sierras- pass through these
parks, no one will ever do a through-hike of the PCT with a dog as long as
these regulations are in place. There are significant portions you could
hike with a dog, and many people have. For the parts passing through parks,
you'd have to either skip them, or reroute extensively.

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Stefan Rinnert <stefanrinnert at googlemail.com