[pct-l] Successful Thruhike with Dog

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Jan 9 15:30:31 CST 2013

In 1995, I met a Golden Retriever and his hiking companions north of Sierra
City. The dog was happy, and energetic, quite well adjusted to trail life
and was a joy to be around.

It was a high snow year, and that group had road walked 395 around much of
the Southern Sierra, so the National Parks there were not an issue.

One of the humans in the group had to get off the trail due to an injury,
and she met us at a campground, but the dog didn't seem to have any health
issues.

I was moving quite a bit faster than they were, so I never saw them again
so I don't know if they finished