[pct-l] Ice axes

belcherjd at juno.com belcherjd at juno.com
Wed Jan 9 18:01:13 CST 2013

Thank you Ned, Sonya, Matt, and Scott.

Your replies are very helpful as was a reply from John “GQ” Duncan class of 2011 regarding his high snow year experiences.

I have a pair of hiking boots I was considering on using through the Sierra’s until I realized that they fit me prefect now
.. not after 700 miles of abuse to my feet:)

So, I shall stay with the trail runners and pick up a pair of KTS Aluminum Crampons.

Ned and all, next question.
 I’ve been going to purchase the BD Raven Pro at 14 oz but also looking intently at the CAMP USA Corsa axe which is only 7 oz (60cm is a perfect fit).  For our purposes (not going to be hanging off the edge of a glacier) it would do fine??  Yes/No - what’s the thoughts here?

'til later
Jon (Gandalf - PCT class of 2013)
Marysville WA

Follow my pct hike on You Tube: