[pct-l] Western mountaineering cold spots & sizing

Wojciech P wojciechplata at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 16:49:12 CST 2013

I recently bought a regular size WM ultra lite 20, a big upgrade from my Kelly light year down 20.

I've taken it out on several trips and have found that there are quite a few "cold spots" at the bottom of the bag. I tried moving the down around as well as washing the bag and neither helped.

I normally don't sleep with socks on as my feet get hot. With the cold spots my feet don't really get cold but it's a bit uncomfortable.

Could it be a sizing issue?

I'm just shy of 6' and found that when I returned my regular Kelly and got the long (6'6" version) the extra room at the bottom kept my feet toasty warm.

Thanks for any advice,
   BrokenToe.
   AT '12, PCT '13, Denali '14 (: