[pct-l] Crampons for trail runners

Wojciech P wojciechplata at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 15:39:12 CST 2013

For what it's worth I just picked up a pair of hillsound trail crampons.

Similar to microspikes but with longer teeth, two plates as opposed to individual spikes, and an upper strap. They weigh 60 grams more then microspikes but seem like they're more geared towards outdoor terrain and backwoods exploring as opposed to shoveling your driveway.

Haven't used them yet but everyone at EMS raved about them, looking online it seems as though a lot of people prefer them to MS. Plus they're made in Canada!

-Brokentoe