[pct-l] NPR - What Do You Pack For A Seven-Year Trip? (Devon Taig)

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 11:46:48 CST 2013

I didn't hear the NPR broadcast, but it reminded me of a book I enjoyed that was
written in 1988, The Longest Walk by George Meegan. Meegan walked from Patagonia
to Prudoe Bay (Alaska). It was a seven year journey and 19,000 miles (he turned
east to go through the U.S.). One of the more memorable things about his
experience was that the people of each region would warn him about the horrible
people ahead. Then, when he reached the next area, those people would warn him
of the dangers ahead.
Cheers,
Susan Alcorn

Just out: Patagonia Chronicle: On Foot in Torres del Paine