[pct-l] boots?

Michael michaelgallo at videotron.ca
Sun Jan 13 07:18:16 CST 2013

Hello all,

In my own quest for a boot for thru-hiking the PCT, I stumbled across the
Men's Phaser Peak Waterproof by Merrell.  I wonder if this is an OK but on
the heavy side boot. I don't mind a little on the heavy side for protection
sake. I wonder how many of this sort of boots I would need.  On my full
grain leather boots when I hiked the AT, I just had my soles changed once
and worked great. But they are heavy and I think too heavy for the PCT.

Thanks

michael